What are the benefits of having an endoscopy?
An endoscopy allows your doctor to look inside your body without the need to perform major surgery. It is a relatively safe and cost effective way to identify and treat problems that have to do with you gastrointestinal tract.
- This is a simple, low risk, cost effect procedure.
- It is generally painless though some discomfort can occur.
- No scarring occurs as your body’s natural openings are used
- Minimal time at hospital – this is usually a day procedure
- Recovery time after the procedure is usually quick.